Page 7 of 8
S - T - U
- SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture)
- A method for the coordination of data processing components in order to provide top-level services.
- SPICE (Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination)
- An international standard which serves for improving your own business processes as well as for evaluating the processes of your suppliers. The main focus is laid on software development.
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
- A database language which permits the insertion, editing, deleting and query of data in relational databases.
- Tape Library
- A device controlled by a backup software. It contains magnetic tapes which can store immense amounts of data.
- TMC (Traffic Message Channel)
- A service which sends information about traffic congestions in digital form. These reports can be used in navigation systems e.g. for a recalculation of routes in case of traffic jam alerts.