The listed technology group OHB is one of the Top 3 European space companies. About 2,800 employees work on some of the most important aviation and space programs of our times in Germany and other EU-countries. These include low-orbiting and geostationary satellites for earth observation, navigation, telecommunications, science and space exploration. OHB serves its international customers with high-end solutions and systems in three business units. The advertised position is intended to advance business development in the third division "OHB DIGITAL". OHB DIGITAL's Services & Applications form our bridge to different industries. These also include the space-related areas of satellite ground segments, antenna systems and radio telescopes. However, the focus is on data-driven value-added services resulting, for example, from earth observation, ship positioning, satellite communications and navigation. These innovative applications and services help to improve processes and decisions in a wide range of industries, such as logistics and the maritime sector.
This job offer is not limited to Bremen, you can work from any location throughout Germany.
- Identify, acquire and develop key long-term partnerships in the aviation/airport industry to support revenue and acquisition goals.
- Develop distribution (directly and through agents and/or representative organizations) for the technical sale of OHB Digital products and services in all Airport/Aviation markets worldwide.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Create target lists, company profiles and strategic fit documents.
- Align own acquisition strategy with the firm’s business strategy through active participation in sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Accept complete accountability for account P&L, customersavings and satisfaction.
- Transfer knowledge and demands from assigned industry to our product development team in order to facilitate the development of new innovative products.
- University degree in business administration, engineering or a related area.
- Ability to effectively understand and explain complex high-tech products and services.
- Substantial knowledge and broad network in the airports/aviation industry and/or cyber security industry.
- Profound professional experience in the area of business development/sales.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to build up new businesses.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work under pressure, and to work independently.
- Execution minded and high motivation with a can-do attitude.
- Willingness to travel (>50% of time).
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with team members.
- Fluency in spoken English and professional in writing, fluency in spoken German and professional in writing.
- Sound IT skills –Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
We offer you
- Responsible tasks with a lot of creative freedom in an innovative environment.
Extensive professional and personal training opportunities.
Excellent conditions for great work-life balance.
Flexible working hours and flat hierarchies.
An extensive range of sports and discounts on bike leasing.
An open-minded and very friendly working atmosphere.